IV Access and Insertion Training
Basic IV Access and Insertion Training
Basic IV Access and Insertion Training Course Details
- Participants: RNs, LPNs, and EMTs
- Prerequisites: None. This is the 1st course in our 2 course series in which the 2nd course is Advanced IV Access and Training. Maximum number of participants per class: 15
- Course Hours: 4-6 hours depending on number of participants
- Course Fee: Depends on number of participants
- Simulation models are provided by Vascular Wellness except for PIV catheters, IV start kits, ultrasound equipment (if available), and related supplies that the participant will be using post-course, and must bring to class so he/she can gain proficiency in using the tools specific to their healthcare facility
- Course includes pre and post skills testing and course certification
- Course should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance
- No cancellation fee if canceled prior to one week in advance except for out-of-pocket expenses incurred which must be reimbursed
- Participants more than 5 minutes late to class will not be admitted
Basic IV Access and Insertion Training from Vascular Wellness
Vascular Access Training Specialists
We are Vascular Access Training Specialists and the smart and safe choice for your vascular access training and education needs. Vascular Access Training and Education by Vascular Wellness® is a comprehensive and unique program that empowers nurses and advances healthcare. Our Vascular Access training courses are taught by practicing and certified Vascular Access clinicians (not just educators or trainers), giving all participants an exceptional educational and training experience. The courses incorporate best practices, national guidelines, and practical experience across diverse healthcare settings. Our participants get classroom, simulation, and hands-on experience and upon course certification by preceptors in accordance with our competencies, are able to apply and use their training. We bring our training to you and customize it to your healthcare setting, equipment, and supplies. Hiring Vascular Wellness as your Vascular Access Training Specialists is the right choice for effective and efficient training.
Vascular Access Training Experts
As Vascular Access Training Experts, Vascular Wellness prides itself on being the largest provider in the southeast of comprehensive vascular access services, including standard and advanced line placement, pediatrics, program management, education, training, and infection control and prevention to all healthcare settings such as Tertiary Hospitals, Community Hospitals, and Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals. We are Vascular Access Training Experts because we bring our aggregate experience over many years to each training and education course. We support a 98+% Success Rate with zero (0) Insertion-Related Infections across all lines, with an average response time of 3 hours. We help our clients improve patient outcomes, enable faster therapy, reduce costs, infections, and readmissions, decrease hospital length of stay, and eliminate transportation expenses. Our Vascular Access Training Experts design and teach each training and education course to further vascular access skills and knowledge of clinical staff, whether working alone or in partnership with us to deliver the best vascular access patient care. Advancing Healthcare and Empowering Nurses is our vision and focus every day. READ MORE about our unique EDUCATION and TRAINING for Vascular Access.
Additional Vascular Access Training
In addition to the Basic IV Access and Insertion Training course, Vascular Wellness also offers these Vascular Access Education and Training courses:
CENTRAL VENOUS CATHETER CENTRAL LINE IDENTIFICATION, CARE, AND RESTORATION COURSES
- Central Venous Catheter Line Identification
- Central Venous Catheter Line Care and Maintenance
- Central Venous Catheter Line Dressing Change
- Central Venous Access Device Patency and Restoration
INTRAVENOUS ACCESS (IV) ACCESS COURSES
VASCULAR ACCESS SPECIALIZED COURSES
Curious about Vascular Access?
Click below to fill out the form to receive a free, 30-minute phone session
Want more than just a PICC Service or PICC Team?
Email us below or call 877-284-4435.
We are Vascular Access Specialists and here to help and answer your questions.
Let us be part of your trusted Healthcare Team.
Vascular Wellnesssm provides comprehensive, quality, timely, and innovative vascular access services, including standard and advanced line placement, pediatrics, program management, education, training, and infection control and prevention to all healthcare settings such as Tertiary Hospitals, Community Hospitals, Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Surgical and Outpatient Centers, Hospice, and At-Home care. We support a 98+% Success Rate with zero (0) Insertion-Related Infections across all lines, with an average response time of 3 hours. We help our clients improve patient outcomes, enable faster therapy, reduce costs, infections, and readmissions, decrease hospital length of stay, and reduce transportation expenses.
Clinical Hours for Dispatch
Service Hours extend 2+ hours after Dispatch
Monday-Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday-Sunday: 8am - 3pm
Holidays: 8am - 1pm