Faster Access to Dialysis:
Weekends, Holidays & After Hours
Tunneled central catheters, also known as Perm caths, can be small bore or large bore lines, and are used when vascular access is needed over a long period of time (anywhere from two weeks to several months). This makes them a good solution when clinically indicated for hemodialysis during renal (kidney) failure, as well as chemotherapy, antibiotics, parenteral nutrition and more.
While chronic hemodialysis using an AV fistula or AV graft is preferred, tunneled catheters can be clinically indicated for long-term use when:
- An AV fistula or graft has been placed but not yet ready for use.
- There are no other options for permanent access. For example, when a patient’s blood vessels are not strong enough for a fistula or graft.
- Patients with kidney disease and renal failure tend to have stenosis of the veins (thickening, hardening, stiffening, and narrowing),
- Comorbidities including hypertension, diabetes, obesity, heart failure, and peripheral atherosclerosis are present.
- Emergent situations, such as an infected and ruptured fistula (if you missed that post, you can find it here).
Learn more about Tunneled Central Catheters
Vascular Wellness Dialysis Program
The Vascular Wellness Dialysis program is led by our full-time Director of Research and Development and is born from listening to our hospital clients’ pain points about delayed and costly dialysis therapy. Our nurse clinician-led dialysis services are truly innovative and unmatched by virtually all vascular access nursing companies. Vascular Wellness nurse clinicians are Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC), insured, skill-verified, and salaried W2 employees. Vascular Wellness requires semi-annual skill verification, ensuring adherence to proprietary policies, procedures, competencies, and best practices.
Our successful clinical outcomes, along with enabling nephrologists and vascular surgeons to focus on other matters and operate top-of-license, has made this an attractive solution for many hospitals.
What makes Vascular Wellness the Right Choice?
- >98% success rate
- 3-hour average response
- 24/7 call center
- 7 days/week, including nights, weekends & holidays
- 0% insertion-related infection rate
- Large & small bore lines
- Dialysis catheters
We are Vascular Access Specialists and Experts. We excel due to our:
· Culture of Patient Care and Client Service
· Clinical Focus on Vascular Access
· Devoted Team of W2 Employee Clinicians
· Placement of Standard and Advanced Lines
· Comprehensive Administrative Support
If you require Vascular Access or want to learn more, speak to the team at Vascular Wellness today. For the latest articles and insights, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Vascular Wellness provides:
(1) Comprehensive vascular access services to North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia;
(2) Customized vascular access services to Tennessee and Georgia; and
(3) Support vascular access services to Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Kentucky