Empowering Nurses Through Education and Training
Empowering nurses through education and training is at the core of Vascular Wellnesssm education and training services. We strive to help healthcare professionals improve patient outcomes. Consistent with that belief, Vascular Wellnesssm clinicians undergo extensive training and semi-annual skill verification which helps ensure an unwavering culture of professional development, quality, patient wellness and safety, and innovation. Advancing Healthcare is our vision and passion.
Learn from our employees how to build your clinical skills and brand through our course offerings. Courses are available live (virtually or on-site) and will also be available online soon! Training includes a variety of hands-on techniques, guided presentations, and detailed images. Training generally consists of class content and skills verification.
Central Line Care and Maintenance
- Overview of flushing guidelines
- How to troubleshoot clogged or clotted lines
- How to determine and address catheter positioning
- How to assess symptoms of central line associated blood stream infections (CLABSI)
- How to implement Centers for Disease Control recommended Central-Line care Bundles
- How to reduce accidental pull outs, develop a bundle and select products for optimal central line care
Implement strict infection control measures to effectively manage risk. Learn how to properly perform central line dressing changes:
- Overview of dressings supporting optimized catheter function
- How to determine and identify what supplies are important
- How to use a dressing to decrease the chance of infection
Central Line Identification
Identify what type of central line the patient has before it is accessed to improve patient outcomes. Learn how to accurately identify central lines:
- Overview of the latest in-market central venous access devices and configuration
- How to identify the access device
- Best practice guidelines to care for the patient
Central Venous Access Device Patency Restoration
Address and solve a variety of central line scenarios. Learn how to troubleshoot issues surrounding central line patency:
- Overview of flushing guidelines, drug compatibility, and proper line positioning for line patency
- Troubleshooting various issues including central line not flushing or does not have blood return
TPN and PPN
- Overview of administering TPN through central access, including best practice guidelines
- Understand the key differences between TPN and PPN
- How to make an effective catheter selection
- How to ensure proper TPN delivery, including risk identification and management
Basic IV Insertion
Become confident and proficient in starting intravenous lines:
- Overview of proper vein and catheter selection
- How to use various catheter types
- How to use devices safely
- How to safely secure the peripheral intravenous line
Advanced IV Insertion
Take IV skills to the next level to increase Press-Ganey patient satisfaction scores. Learn fine-tuning IV skills and gain vascular access in challenging situations:
- How to use an ultrasound to visualize and select a vein to aid in venous cannulation
- How to reduce multiple needle sticks
We encountered a glitch in our contact form submissions. This glitch has been corrected. Please submit your request again or call 877-284-4435
for assistance. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Email us below with any questions.
We would be happy to answer your questions and set up a meeting with you.
Let us be your trusted vascular access provider.
Vascular Wellnesssm provides vascular access clinical nursing services at the bedside across the southeast to a diverse client base including hospitals, long term acute care centers, surgical and outpatient centers, skilled nursing facilities, and at-home care.
Clinical Hours for Dispatch
Service Hours extend 2+ hours after Dispatch
Monday-Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday-Sunday: 8am - 3pm
Holidays: 8am - 1pm